The importance of lighting in interior decoration and office environments
You must have experienced the feeling of being tired and bored of staying in an environment very soon, and it must have happened that by going to a store or office, you felt more refreshed and even wished to be more in that place. Stay tuned! Not to say the only reason, but it can be said that one of the most important reasons for the difference in your feeling was the difference in the lighting of that environment.
Well-lit environments look fresher and more vibrant, and this will have a direct impact on employee productivity and customer satisfaction. Never underestimate the positive impact that pleasant lighting has on your clients!
Lighting can greatly enhance the appeal of your office. But this must be done in a completely specialized way.
In the following, we will provide you with some solutions for lighting the office environment.
Make the most of natural light.
Match the design of lighting systems, office furniture, and your workspace.
Linear light can be used in partitions to better separate spaces.
Linear and decorative lights can be a good choice in office spaces.
Be sure to consider the effect of light and color in office decoration.
Use direct and indirect light at the same time to balance the workplace.
Use special and attractive lights as a focal point.
Use modern and efficient lights.
Recommendations for lighting in the office space
- Optimal lighting requires a balance between direct and indirect light sources as well as a balance between natural light and artificial light.
- Adequate amount of light in office spaces, prevents fatigue and lack of concentration. In general, increasing brightness increases visual performance and has a positive effect on the accuracy and speed of visual information processing.
3 – Since most office activities are done during the day, artificial light has a complementary aspect. In office buildings where the width of the building is large in most of the central parts of the building, artificial light is a priority.
- Use light colors in your work environment as much as possible because dark colors absorb light and as a result cause more costs for you.
- As much as possible, avoid creating shadows in the work environment and place lighting fixtures where light is spread in all dimensions. It is also better to have light in your work environment. It can be adjusted so that you can increase or decrease it according to your needs and make the most of daylight.
6- In offices and work and office spaces, providing 200 to 300 lux of lighting is necessary and a minimum amount of 500 lux in spaces where work is done with a computer is considered. In working conditions that require high accuracy, up to 700 lux of lighting is required. The lighting of 750 to 1000 lux can have a positive effect on employee performance.
- The location of the lamps should be designed in such a way that their direct light is not in the sight of people sitting behind the desk.
- In conference halls, providing lighting for vertical surfaces is as important as turning on tables to see faces better.
- It is better, the lighting of the spaces allocated for conversation, waiting, and relaxation to be like residential houses to create a friendly and relaxing environment.
10 – Lighting design of work environments can not be completely entrusted to the electrical engineer, and the amount and type of light suitable for space, must be designed by a lighting designer.
11 – Artificial lighting as a complement to natural light has an important and effective role in the architectural design and overall quality of the building. Therefore, an architect with a suitable lighting design can significantly increase the beauty and efficiency of the building.